It's Open Day again! Once again, I was an exhibit in the zoo last week. The zoo here means my classroom. Visitors were my students' parents. Things went on well. Very little comments from parents & all were quite positive. I was stressed & nervous but not as bad as last year's Open Day when i first joined. The students were cooperative & behaved well, probably because I've "bribed" them with stickers & "good student awards" the day before. Heeheehee.....
Or maybe the change in my classroom fengshui helped? hmm....
2 unlucky teachers received nasty comments. One parent said the teacher's English was wrong/unclear & wanted to transfer her kid to another class. (and the school really did so!) Another parent said her kid was taught by an Indian teacher last year and this year it's another Indian teacher, and she doesn't like it because she doesn't understand their accent. So racist!!! Not sure if her kid was transferred to another class, but we sure are disgusted with the racist parent.
Hope next term's Open Day will be better.....
No comments:
Post a Comment