Wednesday, January 15, 2014

One year update

My last post was in Oct 2012! In the 1 year since that last post, Miyoko has started on childcare and I had a 2nd child.

When Miyoko was around10 months old, we discussed the ideal age gap and gave ourselves 6 months to try for it. The pregnancy was quite tough. I had no cravings no appetite. Put on 8kg in total. Miyoko started her tantrums around 1 year old and her tantrums are out of this world! Roll on the floor, screaming, crying for at least 15-20mins regardless where she was. I didn't dare to carry her often because of the pregnancy. When she was down with stomach flu during my 1st trimester, we both just spent the day sleeping for few days because she was feeling very weak and I was feeling so tired from the hormonal changes and caring for her.

2013's Gd Friday was a Black Friday to us. We were involved in a traffic accident where our car spin to a stop. Miyoko was crying very loudly in shock, so was I, because I was 5 mths pregnant. Both of us ended up in KK Hospital where I had a really bad experience. Luckily hubby & I escaped with just some scratches and bruises caused by the saftey belt. Miyoko was protected by the carseat with no injuries.

I would have preferred to start Miyoko at childcare centre later but because of #2, we figured it's better for her to start at 18mths, take 2 months to adapt before arrival of her sibling. She adapted pretty well. No tears, no refusal to go to school but her social skills were clearly lacking at the start. She refused to mix with the kids and was aggressive towards those who tried to be near her. She will push them away or pull their hair and almost got into a fight in her initial months. I'm glad 6 months later she's playing well with her peers. She's rather shy when teachers talk to her but I guess it's alright. Maybe she has daddy & mummy's genes.


 Miyoko's artpiece in school


Our little prince Kazuki arrived in August 2013. My father-in-law must have been the happiest guy on earth that day since there's finally a male descendent to the Chee family line. His obsession with having a male heir is seriously pissing me off. So now we've given him what he wants, I hope he stops his irritating talk on having more kids (read: sons!). And no, we tried for a #2 because we wanted Miyoko to have a playmate, not because we want to please the elders. In fact, I told hubby if #2 is a girl, I am definitely stopping at 2 because I don't want to face any pressure from his father if I'm pregnant with a #3.

Miyoko assumed the role of jiejie quickly. She helps to pass me a clean diaper without asking when I'm changing didi. Tries to hold the bottle for didi while I'm feeding. Always eager to play with him on the playgym. But of course there are moments of jealously, especially in the beginning. She used to ask for milk when I'm feeding him when she's not due for milk feed, sometimes pulling his limbs to get me to play with her. It took a few weeks before she stopped these attention seeking behaviour. However till now she still refuse to share daddy with didi. Whenever he carries didi, she wants to be carried too. If he refuses, her tantrum starts. I'ts such a joy to see the 2 interact, especially when Miyoko softly touches didi's head and hugs him.


The kids enjoying a staycation. Kazuki @3mths, Miyoko @23mths
 

Kazuki just turned 5months. Miyoko is now 2yrs 1 mth. We are getting used to the noise with both around. We are also getting better at handling 2 kids outside. It's 1-to-1 practice, so when we are out for long periods, it's 2 strollers and 2 diaper bags. I've been a SAHM for 2 years and counting. Maybe when Kazuki is 2, I'll send him to a childcare and I return to the workforce. We shall see how things go :)

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wah, finally you're back! Mother of 2 already! How time flies!

ahBao said...

too lazy to blog regularly these days ;p
i do update at times at my other blog "Our journey together". It's slightly more updated than here. Haha

Time flies! your 2 older kids so big liao! Can help take care of the 2 younger ones :)