Saturday, June 18, 2005

Work updates

This Blog’s alive again!!

Not been updating this blog since my trip coz I’ve been tired & not really in the mood to write. Right after the trip I was on morning shift…dead tired! When I thought I could find time to write during my off day, I was too tired to do so and slept the day away. I’m still in process of writing about the 4-day trip coz no mood to write for that topic yet…Anyway, just a quick update on the usual topics at work:

Workload
Life at work now is slightly better after some changes were done to the way we let visitors in. We can now afford to work with less manpower & yet not feel too stretched. We had a meeting with the Pavilion director 2 days ago & she wanted to have feedback on how to improve the pavilion. 1-2 months ago, I’d be very enthusiastic & try to think of ways to improve, but now? I just can’t be bothered, esp. when they take 1-2 months to implement whatever we suggest… so if we suggest something now, by the time it’s implemented, the Expo would have ended.

Work Politics
There’re still some politics at work ~ A dun like B, C quarrel with D, E dislikes team etc… Haiz… as if life at work isn’t bad enough, these people still want to make life worse with all these conflicts. I wash my hands off this. They can quarrel & fight their cold wars, I can’t be bothered.

Team members
My team member cum roommate was very ill last week and was sent back to S’pore within days. It’s sad because we’ve been working & staying together for 3 months, and all of a sudden she has to go back. I miss cursing the visitors with her, talking nonsense with her…

2 days ago a new colleague joined our team to replace her. He’s a 21-year-old Japanese guy whom we affectionately call “Ah-Boy” coz he’s the youngest in our team, like a younger brother to us. He’s coping well with the work, but the poor boy is quite lonely in our team of girls who don’t really have much to talk to him. It’s not that we don’t want to talk to him, but there’re no common topics. We’re now trying ways to assimilate him into the team through team meals & doing small talk whenever we can. Hope things will get better after a week or so.

Love at work
If you’ve missed watching the drama “Desperate Housewives”, you can always tune in to Channel “Singapore Pavilion” to watch “Desperate Guides”! This love drama here is very interesting ~ A likes B, C/D/&E seems to like B too. No one knows who B likes. Suspected rivals are being watched constantly. Gossips are spreading like wildfire. Things are becoming bitchy… Hmm…maybe I should rename this as “The S’pore Bachelor” instead. Coz it’s the usual case of one “cannot make it” bachelor with many desperate girls fighting for his attention… hahaha.. And you know wat? I used to be a suspected rival in “The Spore bachelor” and the thot of it really irritated me. I had already declared that the bachelor is not my type & I have someone else more eligible than him in mind, but people still treat me as rival. *rolls eyes* Guess when a person is obsessed with another, she can’t think rationally anymore…

Another drama to look out for is “The Jerk?”. There’s this guy at work who seems to be after girl X, but also after girl Y as well. Both girls apparently aren’t aware of this, so it’s going be interesting to observe what’s going to happen in months to come… Wonder if there’d be another cat-fight in addition to what we’d see on “The S’pore Bachelor”.

I’m not bothered with who ends up with whom, or who’s killed in the fight coz it really has nothing to do with me. Especially when it comes to relationships, it’s not up to outsiders to interfere. And I believe strongly that if it’s meant to be, it will be. There is no point in trying to check out suspected rivals & getting rid of them. If a guy has someone in mind, he wouldn’t be interested in the rest unless he’s a jerk. As for the 2 girls in “The Jerk?” drama, it will definitely turn out to be a tragedy for one or maybe both of them. It’s sad, but we are talking about a suspected jerk here.

One drama that ended its run here is “The 2-timer girl”. The main actress has a boyfriend in S’pore & Japan. So while we see the girl being so in love in Japan, we also get to see her much more in love look when her S’pore boyfriend contacts her. It seems like the guy here is winning the girl, but she’s just returned to S’pore while he has to stay put here. Probably we’ve to return to S’pore to catch Part-2 of this drama…

The above are the more interesting dramas that keep us entertained at work everyday. We’ve only 3 more months to go….so I guess the drama plots will get thicker as desperate girls make their last desperate efforts to win the bachelor, the jerk trying to fool around & the possibility of the girls finding out about him…

That’s all for work updates for now…

1 comment:
Wah lau eh!!...Can make that into a reality show liao...do submit your scripts in detailed to Mediacorp Teebee k! ahahhaah

No comments: