Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Life of a housewife?

Since Monday I've been staying at home to be a "housewife". It's either raining or too cold to go out, so I'd rather stay home. Today was sunny though, but I stayed home due to a backache.

We wake up at 7am everyday. We prepare & have breakfast together, then he goes off to work at 8.30am. He's home at around 5.30pm, so that means I've 9 hrs to kill at home.

Day 1 - I tidied up his kitchen & study room. He came home for lunch so I had to cook something. It was a simple dish of stir-fry broccoli with pork. He really liked it. I guess he missed home-cooked meals. After he went back to work, i watched a movie on PC, surfed net, cooked dinner. After dinner we watched a Japanese drama on vcd.

Day 2 - I was very sleepy after breakfast & went back to sleep after he left for work. Did the laundry after I woke up. Also cleaned up the house a little. I spent the rest of the day making X'mas decorations. I made paper-chains out of magazines to hang. It's a simple yet colorful decoration. I made some "snow-flakes" too. Cut out patterns from normal white paper & hung them from a string at the front door. He had a pleasant surprise when he came home to find it "snowing" at the entrance. We both like it so much that I've decided to make more of it to hang around at home.

After dinner we went supermarket shopping. He likes to shop at supermarket too, so it was fun for us to walk thru every aisle in the supermarket, looking at the various products. We ended up buying more than we planned. Bad idea to shop together! hehehe.....

Day 3 - As usual, I went back to bed after breakfast. PIG! hahaha! Did the laundry then looked thru cookbooks on what to cook tonight. Continued with the snowflakes decoration then started dinner preparation at 4.30pm. He was home by 5.30pm. After dinner he went out for rugby practice while i stay at home to type this post.

I'm not sure what i'll do tomorrow. I'm quite comfortable relaxing at home for the time being. But i think i'll start complaining of boredom next week! I like this life of a housewife but i still want to work.....sort of holding "2 jobs" -- home & outside. Life is more interesting like that.

No comments: