It's finally the school holidays! So relieved this 4-month long school term is finally over. I began to feel drained out by mid-November. I was so sick & tired of teaching the textbook/workbook stuff. Luckily from December we started with our X'mas celebrations which included making X'mas cards, X'mas ornaments etc. I could relax & dream when students are busy with their craftwork. However we had to prepare a performance for today's Christmas Party.
I combined class with another class to sing for the performance. We did "The Little Drummer Boy" (1 stanza only lah) for the P1 and "Rudolph" for P2. It was challenging but fun & the kids liked it.
P3's performance was a real challenge for me & the kids. Since they're the "A" class, I decided to do a skit. It's a short skit about the meaning of X'mas which I had taken from a website. I had to shorten the skit & simplify the lines. Just a skit alone will be boring, so I added in 3 songs to make it like a mini musical. We practiced for 2 weeks (6 lessons). Except for 2 black sheeps, the rest of the class put in their best. They practiced on their own, came up with new ideas etc. Today's performance was great despite some forgetting their lines. I'm so proud of them.
I really enjoy my job. I get to use my creativity to do up the notice boards, think of games, design worksheet, plan lessons, try out new things like teaching a skit/song. Best of all, I get to work with young children. Except for a handful of nasty & irritating kids, the rest of the cute & sweet kids always brighten up your day.
No comments:
Post a Comment