We had sports day last Saturday so we're given a day off-in-lieu today.
Sports day is not exactly sports filled for this school. What we have is individual 100m race for every level & some team effort games. The highlights would be the mass display performance by the kids. Think National Day parade dance/performance.... get the picture? Except that we have kids doing it instead. The most impressive would be the human pyramid by the P5 & 6 students. Rows of students stacked up to form a pyramid 3-4 human heights high. If the local schools try it, I bet the school will be flooded with calls from worried & angry parents.
All of us teachers had duties on that day, like cheerleading & photo-taking. Somehow everyone wasn't in the mood to do much. We just kept looking at our watch, waiting for time to go. I admire the Japanese teachers for their enthusiasm & stamina in organizing & running the event & training the kids. I would've been dead from exhaustion long before the actual day!
No comments:
Post a Comment