Friday, May 30, 2008

Dermatofibroma

2 weeks ago, after much nagging from my parents, I went to see a doctor regarding a small little growth on my knee. It isn't painful (unless I go and pinch it) nor itchy. Its position is such that when i'm in shorts/berms/short skirts, it's obvious. Some friends thot it's an insect bite. In dim lighting, I've had someone mistaking it for a peanut!

It's been there for more than a year and really, I'm not bothered by it. But my family are concerned that it might turn cancerous. So I finally went to see the doctor on 13/5 who told me it's "Dermatofibroma", a harmless skin growth. I can leave it alone or remove it. I know my parents will ask me to remove it, so I removed it that day under local anesthesia. That marked the start of 2 weeks of "no seafood, no yam & no soy sauce based food". Down with a sore throat & cough, that meant no chicken as well. I had nothing much to eat that 2 weeks, making me very miserable!

3 days ago I went to remove the stitches. Doctor said I'm ok liao. Wound healing well. I hope it wouldn't leave an ugly scar and in 3 weeks' time it'll be completely healed so that i can go hotspring! Meanwhile I'll go eat to my heart's content!

1 comment:

May Leen said...

Gosh! Who was it that thought was a peanut!!?? Duh!!