I've rotted away at home for the past 2 months. At the beginning I would reflect on weekends what I've done for the week to see if I've spent my free time wisely. I believed I spent it rather meaningfully the first few weeks. I went to the library to read & enjoy the air-con, borrowed books to read at home, watched movies, went swimming, posed at cafes with a book & a drink, met up with friends to eat & bitch, played the piano. However after a while, I began to be bored with the above activities.
The hot weather made me lazy to go out, so that meant less trips to the library in the day. And I cut down on swimming so that i won't get ugly swimsuit tan lines & dry skin + dry hair. As makan sessions increase with friends, i cut down on personal cafe posing time. Too much kopi & snacks liao! I still watch movies, but how many movies can you watch when there aren't many nice movies available? The last one I watched was "Made of Honor". Quite a nice romantic comedy but too predictable. Playing the piano? Need to have the mood to play piano leh, which i obviously didn't have! heehee
So after a few weeks of meaningful activities, my days were spent rotting at home. I would wake up at 9am, have my breakfast, read newspapers and go back to sleep at 10am. Wake up by 12pm, watch tv, surf net and prob take an afternoon nap. Or go out walk walk window shop before meeting friends for dinner followed by kopi/supper. With activities like that, it's no wonder that I've piled on almost 2kg in 2 mths!
And now I've a new craze --> watching dramas online! I've always watched dramas online. From Jap to Korean to Taiwanese dramas. But my craze stopped sometime in Feb when I ran out of dramas to watch. Now it's on again! I'm following 3 on-going dramas still showing in Japan/HK.
(1) Absolute Boyfriend / Zettai Kareshi (Japan)
Romantic comedy with eye-candy for the ladies! The male lead is very cute! It's about a robot "made-to-order" according to what the female lead wants in an ideal boyfriend. She treats him like a robot, he truly loves her (coz he's been programmed to!) and her boss falls for her too. Love triangle. Can't wait to watch the end!
(2) Last Friends (Japan)
Another drama about love, but this time it touches on more serious issues like domestic violence & gender-identity crisis. Feels like a sad drama. It was quite interesting initially but it's beginning to feel a little draggy. Superb performances by 2 of the leads, especially the psycho boyfriend who beats up his gf.
(3) Forensic Heroes II (HongKong)
Police drama. A bit like CSI. Starring Frankie Lam, Bobby Au Yeung & my favorite Charmaine Sheh! I enjoyed watching Part I of the series. So really looked forward to Part II. However so far the cases they've solved aren't that exciting. Hope it gets better.
It drives me nuts to chase after on-going dramas. But it's good also otherwise I'd probably just sit in front of my computer the whole day to complete the drama!
Haiz, 1 week left to nuah & rot away in S'pore. After that will be more rotting in a foreign land. Think I'll go crazy at the rate I'm wasting my life away......
No comments:
Post a Comment