Sunday, February 15, 2009

Updates

I started on my new job on 2nd Feb doing HR. My dept's rather small with just 4 of us. My first week was spent doing some housekeeping in the office, filing & getting familar with how things are done. Week 2 was more bz as they slowly handed over tasks to me. So far I'm happy at work. I like what I'm doing and I like my colleagues in the dept. I hope it'll continue to be so for at least a year!

Unfortunately I was struck by the "HR Dept Curse". According to a senior, almost all new colleagues in this department fell sick soon after they started work. I brushed it off at first but I was suddenly down with a throat infection and fever on my 5th day of work (last friday). My temperature hovered around 38degrees for almost 2 days and it was painful to swallow anything. I'm alright now but I'm surprised by how sudden I fell ill without warning.

I'm not sure if it's the bad air or new environment or timing (chinese new yr period) or the curse. It could have been the bad luck of those born in the year of the Goat. We goats supposedly are the most unlucky ones this year coz we offend the "Tai Sui" deity. So when I felt better last Sunday, I went to the temple to pray for a smoother year ahead. Last Friday (the 13th) I was stepped by a lady in heels when she lost her balance in the mrt train. My poor foot still feels painful now! Seems like the praying has yet to take effect!

I wanted to visit my "pet rabbit" Dahuang only to be informed by my friend that it has been sold. It was taken back by the supplier and returned a few days later then sold. I hope Dahuang has found a good owner who loves him & takes good care of him. I'm beginning to miss Dahuang already :(

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and I spent it in a most unromantic but happy way. I went for lunch at Bugis's Shokudo then shopped around there till evening. After that we went to my home to watch TV and I cooked udon noodle soup for him. And we continued watching TV till 11pm then he went home. No flowers, no chocolates, no gifts, no expensive romantic meal. It's just the 2 of us spending time together with my AhKe & McDull.

Today we went for class together followed by a movie at Plaza Sing. We watched Valkyrie, starring Tom Cruise. It's quite a serious film with a lot of talking and few action. Quite sad too, especially coz it's based on a true story. If you're looking for a WWII movie with a interesting plot and exciting pace, watch "Black Book".

That's the updates for the past 2 weeks. Hope for more happy days to come!

No comments: