Today's the start of my 2nd month working at this company. The past month passed in a flash. So many things learnt in so little time. When my colleague was going through the OJT list for me, we had problems recalling what we did coz everything's moving so fast!
Although it's only been a month, my boss said it seems as if i've been here for a long time. I feel the same too. I've learnt a lot and done quite a lot too. There's still so much more to learn & do. I work extra hours almost everyday coz there's just so much to be done. I've no complaints on that coz I'm quite used to working late for my type of job. Our time is always taken up by appointments. I just don't like the idea of working half-day on alternate Saturdays too. Although it's a good time to catch up on backlogs, it eats into my rest & social time.
I'm always stretching my deadline to clear some tasks coz there're too many disruptions throughout the day, demanding our immediate attention. Today I remarked aloud that if not for the contract penalty, I wouldn't stay on. I wished I kept my mouth shut the moment I said it. I guess it's the Monday blues. Or I'm just feeling a little burnt out. I don't know why I think of leaving when i should be thankful to be given a chance to return to this industry.
I like what I'm doing now. Everyday is so exciting at work! I've a great colleague & nice boss. I just wished the renumeration & working hours were better. The culture, the way things are done, the 1001 SOPs to follow and the demotivating rules & regulations can be quite suffocating sometimes. Think I'm too used to the life in MNCs.
My goal now is to work hard & smart, be an asset to my dept/company & get an early confirmation and hopefully a salary adjustment. Plus get a promotion next year! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment