The week after Labour Day was crazy, all thanks to H1N1 virus. My boss was in panic mode on 4th May, making us print out & put up advisory notes on it all around and she sent out emails after emails about temperature taking etc. My ex-colleague who was looking forward to laze her remaining 1 week left in the company was stretched to the fullest as she was arrowed to handle the temperature taking exercise.
A duty roster was quickly drawn up and activated staff had to put on mask & gloves and stationed at the guard house to take temperature of visitors, staff & students. On Day 1 (5th May), we were instructed to wear the yellow surgical looking coats, put on N95 mask & wear gloves. I was unlucky enough to be the 1st group on duty in the morning. Had to report to work at 7.15am and stood out there taking temperature of people for 2 hours at the humid non-aircon walkway in the full gear. 2-3 hours later as some of the activated staff couldn't make it, my dept of 4 took turns to cover them. Luckily by then full gear wasn't required. We only needed to put on mask & gloves. In the evening I stayed till almost 8pm for the duty as well. Thank goodness this lasted 2 days only otherwise I think I'll become a zombie. The last 2 days of the week was spent catching up on work :(
Last week was craziness as well. Boss was in another panic mode, shortlisting almost every other candidate and wanted us to interview at least 5 a day. Plus I was rushing out a new project and preparing a payroll report. The week past in a flash and I don't really remember what kept me so busy with OT almost every other day. Worse still, my precious Saturday was burnt all due to a company event which I was activated for usher duty. Another early day at work (7.15am) on my off Sat! Very sianz... this company has too many "ECAs" that eats into my rest days and takes up my work time. Often or not we find ourselves doing things totally related to our job scope. While it's a good learning opportunity, I'd prefer to focus on my area of specialization and excel in it than do many other unrelated stuff.
This week seems like another roller-coaster ride again. I was busy the whole of today, worked through lunch and OT till 7pm. And I think tomorrow's probably the same. I can't remember what I did today except interviews & checking report. Everything else's a blur. Haiz....
No comments:
Post a Comment