My bf & I went on a short trip to Genting & KL in end-May. It's my 1st trip there and his 2nd, but it's both our 1st experience traveling there by coach. With a top-up of $5 each, we upgraded to a premium double-decker coach. Though it's a little run down, the seats were spacious & comfortable with massage function and personal TV with a few movies. The ride to Genting passed in a breeze.
My 1st impression of Genting was "what's there to see here?" coz it's just hotels all around. I experienced a little of the cool weather at the bus terminal upon arrival and rest of the time was spent walking around the shopping mall. It wasn't a fantastic shopping experience as things are expensive and not impressive. I can easily get them in S'pore at the same price. Food was ordinary too. We watched "Night at the Museum 2" at the cinema there. It's interesting to note that they have a few massage chairs at the front row of the cinema which costs about RM18 per ticket. We chose the spacious but non-massage chairs at RM17 per ticket which includes a soft drink and a box of popcorn.
We "toured" through the casinos but didn't try out luck coz we aren't into gambling. The indoor amusement park didn't interest us neither. I'd say this trip to Genting has been quite a disappointment.
The next day we set off for KL. It was a short 1 hr trip from Genting. We walked almost an hour from our hotel to the Twin Towers coz we wanted to sightsee along the way. Shopping at Twin Towers was boring, felt as if I'm shopping in S'pore, so we left soon after. Next we went to Chinatown which is just like our Chinatown, except here they sell lots of imitation branded goods which we're not keen in. I managed to get a pair of high heels for evening wear at S$20 there. We tried the fried noodles and bak ku teh which tasted ok, not super delicious.
Late in the evening we went to a spa near our hotel. Wah, the Malay style of massage's very painful! Many times I had to tell the person to lighten her strokes. Done with the massage we went back to our hotel to sleep. Very tired!
The agency arranged for a mini-bus to fetch a few of us to the bus terminal the next day. We were very amused by the waiting area set up for the agency's coach passengers. They had a customer service officer stationed there who acted ike an air hostess. When we boarded the coach, I couldn't control my laughter when they did announcements welcoming us on the trip then walked down the aisle serving drinks and lunch! For a moment I thought we are on a flight!
It was quite a pleasant & smooth ride back. We reached S'pore at 7.30pm and we were home by pm. We didn't buy any souveniors coz nothing worth buying there. Shopping also quite limited. Overall this has been quite a good experience but I doubt we'll be going to Genting & KL again coz there' s nothing there that interests us.
No comments:
Post a Comment