I'm back in blogspot! I've not been very busy, just too lazy to blog, always planning to blog the next day, the day after etc... and before i know it, 2 months have passed :)
Here's my 1st blog using my new laptop! My faithful Dell laptop finally retired after serving me for 6 years. And it chose a good timing to do so --> just a couple of weeks before the IT fair at Suntec. I went there on the 1st day to shop around & bought this new ASUS laptop. I love the sleek design and the bigger screen with sharper graphics. But I can't say the same for the system. Not too used to Vista yet. Waiting for my Windows 7 to be shipped over now......
I can't seem to recall the events of September, except for the reunion cum birthday gathering for my friend who was working in Taiwan. As she travelled back to S'pore often during her stint in Taiwan and we often chat online, the 2 years she's there seemed like 2 months to me. We had dinner at KPO. My 1st trip there. Nice chill out place in the evenings. Food is good but a little ex.
The month of October was more eventful. My boss gave me the option to resign without having to pay the penalty for breaking the 1 year bond I have. But that option still needs her boss's approval. I was happy yet troubled over the option. Coz it came at the end of the year where jobs are scarce and bonus is in 1st quarter of next year. Though I can afford to be jobless for a while I decided to stay on. I seriously didn't believe the big boss would approve to waive the penalty. Many resignees had appealed but failed. I didn't want to risk having to pay the penalty. Anyway there's only 3 months more to my bond. Add on the 1 month notice, it's up to end of March 2010. Considering my 2 weeks trip in Nov/Dec and festive holidays, the 4 months will pass in a flash.
Almost a year after her ROM, my sister held her wedding on 11 Oct. An event well-planned out and went quite smoothly. The day was filled with fun & laughter, thanks to the gang! (Photos avail at my facebook).
The weeks after the wedding was a blur until yesterday. We started our house-hunting mission yesterday, visited 6 or 7 units within 2 hours. Very tiring but a good experience, at least now we know what type of unit we want. I also learnt how to notice if that unit's occupant is harassed by loansharks.
While waiting for the agent at the lift lobby, we noticed parts of the pillars were painted over. Upon closer inspection, we could see a unit number, contact number & O$P$. Soon after the agent brought us to that unit! Of course he didn't mention anything and we acted blur. The owner took a long time to open the door (prob wanted to make sure it's not loansharks). The front wooden door was scrapped off. Drops of blue & red paint could be seen on the floor in front of the door. A few unsuspecting buyers viewed the unit for a long time while the 2 of us and another couple were out within minutes. They had noticed the paint too. The rest of the units were either too small or poor location. With the high expectations we have, I guess it'll take months for us to find an ideal home.....
We had a Halloween night gathering at my home yesterday. We watched the Thai horror movie "4bia". Think I only watched 50% of it full screen, the rest partially blocked by Ah Ke coz I was too scared. Haha! No more horror movies for me!
Today's finally 1st day of November. Counting down to November seems to take forever! 21 days more to go. Counting down to our "honeymoon" trip with my boyfriend to Japan :) Just cross my fingers won't bump into my ex's relatives or friends....
No comments:
Post a Comment