I've quit my job. Again.
Since graduation in 2001, I've changed 12 jobs in 8 years (coz 2 years was spent in Japan).
Of the 12 jobs, 5 were perm, 7 were contract.
Of the 5 perm jobs, i quit within 2 weeks for 3 of them.
The longest I ever stayed in a job was as a private school teacher for 2 years, minus the 3 months vacation per year, that's like 1.5 years of work. And minus the short teaching hours, maybe I've only worked for a year as a teacher? haha!
Classic job hopper. Best of all, I'm in HR yet I'm still hopping from 1 job to another.
I've had a few good job opportunities in the past but I chose to forgo them for the wrong man. Bad choice indeed. But well, that's life with its expensive lessons! I'm behind my peers in the rat race now and probably won't ever catch up. Haiz...I've to learn to be contented with what I have instead of comparing to others coz as the saying goes "人比人气死人!"
My current job sucks. Then again, which of my other 11 jobs didn't? Ok, maybe not all of them were bad. My post in Oct last year reflected how miserable I was in this job but i managed to hold on till now. However I didn't want to go through another round of learning to do another brainless job so I chose to go even though I've not found another job. Another bad choice i guess coz it means I've to feed on grass till I get a job. Luckily hubby has a decent income to feed me rice. But I want abalone!! ;p
Mum's ok with my job hopping, often saying if you're not happy just move on, there're better ones out there. However Dad nags that all jobs are the same and is probably disappointed with me. I do agree after some time all jobs are the same. The frustrations. The politics. The gd & bad benefits/pay. I'm still in search of the ideal job which would probably never materialize.
I've gone for some interviews and am finding it more and more difficult to convince the interviewer that " 这是最后一次". I do wish it's one that I can last longer than 3 years coz it's so tiring to learn new things new processes again. Hubby's quite positive about it though. He even told me "You can make new friends again!"
With a housing loan to pay off and plans to start a family, I hope I can finally settle down in a perm job for a long time and enjoy the maternity benefits. I want to stop the life of a job hopper soon....
No comments:
Post a Comment