One day my sister asked me how much we spend on baby's necessities. So I listed down the items and realised it really costs quite a bit just to keep baby alive and clean.
Monthly Basic Needs
1. Milk powder: 2 tins of 1.8kg @$81 each = $162
2. Disposable diapers: 6 pc x 30 days @$0.30 each = $54
3. Baby cereal: 1 pkt @$7.30
4. Wet wipes: 2 pkt @$2 each = $4
Total = $227.30
Quarterly needs
1. Baby laundry detergent: 1 pkt @$5.90
2. Baby bottle cleanser: 1 pkt @$9.90
Total = $15.80
If I'm still breastfeeding, then I could have saved $162 monthly.
If I use cloth diapers in the day and disposables at night, maybe I can save at least $30.
If I can make baby accept porridge, then I can save on cereal.
If I make the effort to wash baby's butt at each diaper change, I can save 1 pkt of wet wipes.
If I use normal laundry detergent, I can save on expensive baby detergent.
If I use normal dish cleanser, I can save on expensive baby bottle cleanser.
Well, obviously the "Ifs" are not possible for me.
See my previous post and you know why I'd rather not save the $162.
I don't want to wash soiled cloth diapers daily. Waste water, waste detergent, waste my time. I don't want to get cheaper disposable diapers as I don't wish to risk baby getting nappy rash. Neither do I want to clean up the mess if diaper leaks.
Baby hates porridge no matter how I cook it. Sweet, savory, soft, hard, watery, drier version - All rejected. As long as it's porridge, it's rejected by our fussy girl.
I don't want to carry an increasing minimum load of 8.5kg to the wash basin 6 times a day and mess the toilet and myself.
I don't want to risk baby's eczema flare up due to harsh normal detergent.
I don't want baby's system to take in too much chemicals from normal cleanser now.
Guess I've to find other ways to cut down on baby expenses!
No comments:
Post a Comment