
I’m back in Japan again to spend time with my dear, and what a better time than now to make the trip here! He’s waiting for the outcome of his exams, his future, our future...
It doesn’t seem like we’ll be receiving any good news, and he’s very affected by it. Who wouldn’t be? Time and again his hopes were dashed. This is his 4th or 5th attempt? If he fails, it’s another year of trying. I really admire his determination & perseverance ~ I’d have given up long ago. Maybe this is the characteristics of a Taurus? However this determination (or some call it plain stupid stubbornness) is causing everyone, including himself, unhappiness.
We’ve discussed about our future a couple of times, but the plans kept changing because of the uncertainty of his own future. We discussed this again few days ago, with unexpected reaction from both parties.
He told me it’ll take 3 – 4 years for him to graduate and start working. He wanted me to go for matchmaking sessions in Singapore during this period. Yes, matchmaking sessions! Apparently in Japan, there is still such practice by parents. He gave the promise that he wouldn’t be involved with anyone during the 3 – 4 years, but hoped I’ll go and meet other S’porean guys. How would you feel if your boyfriend told you this? Am I supposed to take this as a break-up or as a permission to cheat on him?
I really wish to settle down soon. My family aside, I really want to love and care for another person, to live a meaningful life together. And not forgetting having my own family too! He’s the only one whom I feel so strongly about now, someone whom I want to spend the rest of my life with. But can I, or we, stand the test of time & distance, test of culture & language barriers? And can we convince our family to accept us?
His parents don’t seem to approve of us. They reminded me that I’ll be all alone in this foreign land & can’t go back when things go wrong. They reminded me that life here is different from life back home where I’ve maids to serve me. Here, I’m expected to be the housewife and do all chores myself. My parents also raised the same concerns. I really don’t understand. Do they think that I’ll live a similar lifestyle if I married a local? Maybe yes if I married a rich guy, but other than that, I’ll probably be slogging at work for a similar lifestyle or be a housewife at home. So what’s the difference? Distance. If only Japan is just across the causeway!
I refuse to give up on this. Just like how “possessed” I was then to agree to wait for him when he initially didn’t want to start the relationship (because of his uncertain future), I’m still “possessed”. I believe everything in life is fated, though we ourselves play a part in controlling our fate. It’s fated that we met and started this wonderful relationship. If it’s fated that I’ll meet someone else in S’pore, I’ll see if my love for him is strong enough to control my fate.
Everyone will praise their own partner, and I’m no exception. I’ve never come across someone more caring & loving than him. When I cried upon his suggestion to meet other guys, he cried along with me. When I refused & said the simplest but most touching words I never knew I’m capable of, he cried & thanked me. We'll go through this tough journey & survive it together to achieve our happiness....
Think our story can be made into a love movie? (^-^)
1 comment:
Your blog entry title immediately struck off a song in my head... :)
Is This Love (by Whitesnake):
Is this love.. that I'm feeling?
Is this the love.. that I've been searching for?
Is this love, or am I dreaming?
This must be love..
Cos it's really go a hold on me
A hold on meeee...
Lovely song, look it up sometime. :D
Frog Prince
Post a Comment