As mentioned in my previous post, there's a female class terror in my P3 class. She's noisy, bullies the rest, and it's very clear that she isn't popular in class. Once I had an extra chair, and the rest preferred to squeeze at a small table rather than sit with her.
Yesterday I realised that she's a super attention seeking child who can be violent too, and that really scares me...
They were doing a mini cut/paste project and I think she quarrelled with her team mates over some pictures for it. When I went to check on their progress, she was crying. The rest simply ignored her. I tried my best to console her but she continued crying, so I left her alone a while coz I had to check on the rest. Next moment when I came back, I saw her using a pencil trying to poke thru the project paper. The scene of her grabbing the pencil tightly, poking at the table, moving towards the paper, is quite scary. You don't know when she'll go crazy and stab someone with it. Remember there're many cases of children killing classmates in Japan....
Her team members kept moving the paper away from her. Then she tried to tear off a picture from it. All these while with her face down, covered by her hair. (imagine Sadako aka Zhenzi from "The Ring"). Finally her team members moved onto the floor to do their work. She went over, and cried again. This time with her face facing down on the paper, as if she's out to ruin the project paper with her tears since she couldn't snatch/destroy the picture earlier on.
Anyway she cried till the end of lesson and left just like that. The rest continued ignoring her, and a classmate even laughed saying it's the 1st time he see her like this.
It's not easy teaching children. I finallly understand that now. I've done my best to prevent/stop fights, console them when they're sad.... but it just doesn't seem enough... haiz...
Now I know why my supervisor came up with a form for us teachers to report on difficult kids, so that their form teacher can talk to their parents or counsel the kids... I'll not use the form for now & hope I don't ever need to resort to that....
No comments:
Post a Comment