Sometime in late Nov last year, I met this 37-yr old S'porean guy on a online dating site. (MSN's match.com) I wasn't keen in him coz (1) he'll sure act like he knows a lot than me coz he ate more salt than me ate rice! (2) he's still single at this age, is he ok or not? (3) his profile just didn't interest me that much (4) he seems really serious abt finding a life partner
I was just play play online! hey, i'm all prepared to be married off to Japan leh... dating online is just for fun. I don't want to give people false hopes. I don't want to waste people's time. BUT I still replied his email coz his email to me was really very sincere, so I felt no harm in replying & making friends.
We chatted on msn about job etc... but I never disclosed I'm attached. He didn't ask anyway. At one of our chats, I was in a bad mood and was irritated with stupid questions from him. I sort of told him off. After that no more msn/email.
On V-day I dropped him a note, wishing him all the best, to which he replied he's attached with someone from Match.com. After that no correspondences btw us till tdy when he msn me out of the blue, announcing he's married & his wife is expecting. Am I being over-sensitive here, thinking he's just out to show that he succeeded in a relationship?
And he kept saying good luck to me (for my relationship with Teru, and I replied I need luck for getting a job in Japan only), wished me luck in finding happiniess (I replied I've already found it!), said true love is more than sugar & honey (coz I said we've overcome many barriers for our r/s, and I replied we're beyond that), emphazised that age isn't a big factor --> he & his wife are matured so they got married soon after knowing each other... (I feel it's bullshit --> he's desperate!) Then he said another lady he met in Match.com married a Jap guy, and he reminded me not to forget that I'm a Chinese... that last one is really nonsense to me! Dating & marrying a Japanese doesn't mean I become a Japanese!! I'm still a S'porean & I will always be one! Living overseas doesn't mean I'll lose my roots, esp when I've spent 27yrs of my life here!
Anyway, back to the egoistic guy from Match.com. I'm just so glad I don't have to resort to that to find Mr Right, coz based on those I've met, none meets the mark.
1 comment:
That guy's weird!
Anyway, i feel that when you're with someone of a different race, you become even more aware and proud of your own heritage as those are the differences you'd like to share with that special someone! :)
Post a Comment