Friday, June 02, 2006

Life of a 2 part-timer

I just started on another part-time job last week. Income from my school isn't enough, esp. when I'm used to an expenditure based on my previous income. And since I end work by 1pm everyday, I might as well use the time to earn more $$$.

Initially I wanted to take up tuition assignments. However the market's too saturated with tutors. Parents are also more fussy & demanding compared to those during my uni days. And for that bit of money, I've to rack my brains for more teaching materials, get stressed up during exams etc... it just isn't worth it.

Working in the mornings means I've lesser chance of getting a part-time office job. I'm not exactly keen in F&B nor telemarketing. Retail sales isn't really that attractive coz I don't wana burn my weekends. So here comes the perfect part-time job -- worksheet marker at a commercial education centre.

I just need to work 4 days a week, incl. Sat, totalling 20hrs/wk. Just sit down & mark papers. I've admin duties too, but yet to start on it. I don't earn a lot from this, but it's better than nothing!

No comments: