Happy Pig Year!! May you have a prosperous year!! So happy it's the Year of the Pig coz it means many cute pig decorations. I love pigs!! Kawaii!!!
This year's CNY is the same as previous years --> boring! But this year it's a working holiday for me. Save for 1st day of CNY, I spent the rest of the long weekend working. Prepared lessons & wrote students' reports. Haiz...what to do? Only have 1 wk to work on it before term ends.
Besides work, I spent hours in front of my notebook during the holidays. I was addicted to an anime & Taiwanese drama. Yes, Taiwanese drama! Even I'm surprised. I've always been a Jap anime & drama addict, but Taiwanese drama? No way!! Or so I thought.... hahaha.... After watching just 1 episode of Meteor Garden, I've been quite anti-Taiwanese Idol dramas, thinking that it's just pretty faces who can't act. And now here I am, hooked on to this drama called "Hanazakari no kimitachi e" (花様少年少女) which is adapted from a Japanese Manga. It's showing on Channel U now. The drama is ending its run in Taiwan next month.
So what caused my addiction to it? The silly but romantic plot (^-^) It's about a girl diguising as a boy to enter a boys' school in order to see her idol. The hilarious situations combined with some touching moments is quite a refreshing change for me. Reminds me of "My Boss My Hero". Crazy storyline, funny scenes yet has some serious moments.
This being an idol drama means they have the usual pretty boys & cute girls. The female lead & 1 of the 2 male leads did a good job -->very exaggerated, funny & manga-like. Entertaining! Unfortunately the other male lead is really just a pretty boy with limited acting abilities. Well, he good-looking mah....can't act/sing but will still have many fans wan lah....
Also watched an anime titled "Monster". I started watching it 2 years back when I was in Okazaki. A very dark anime, not meant for kids. The lead character had to search for a murderer, and people were brutally killed in almost every episode. I gave up at episode 30+ coz it was still going on then (in 2004) & I was tired of chasing the series. It finally ended at epi 74 & I watched the last few during CNY. Open-ended ending but done very well. Overall a very good anime even though i only watched the 1st half of the series & skipped to the last few episodes! hehehe
I wanted to watch "Protege" during the CNY holidays coz wanted to see my 2 cool idols - Daniel Wu & Louis Koo on the big screen but decided to avoid the CNY crowds. I can always watch on a wkday or wait for the DVD. Now I've run out of animes, dramas & movies to watch.....bored again...
No comments:
Post a Comment