I've finally resigned from Kumon!! Counting down to my last day of work on 16 Feb. Feel so happy about it. Been thinking of resigning since last year June! I held on for the sake of $$$ until now. From April onwards, teaching hours at school will be extended. This means no time for Kumon on weekdays & more money from school. I can work on Saturdays but I decided to give myself a nice weekend to nuah at home instead of facing worksheets.
Telling my boss I want to resign was quite tough. I didn't know how to put it across nicely without giving her a shock. Before my actual resignation, I let out news that I'm resigning soon. She was also informed that my school time-table might change in April, leading to a change in my work schedule there. So she took it pretty well. In fact I guess she was waiting for me to tell her officially. But I wonder what she was thinking of when she said "oh, so fast?" when I said I'll work till the start of CNY holidays. Did she think I'll piah till the end of the month, torturing myself with the extra loads of worksheet marking after the CNY holidays? She must have been dreaming! With no contract signed in the beginning, she should be grateful that I'm giving her 3 wks notice!
Now happily counting down......no more Kumon in 2 wks' time!
No comments:
Post a Comment