Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Bridal Shop shopping

Preparing for marriage is quite a headache, considering the amount & type of shopping one has to do. First was the banquet venue. I went to 6 - 7 hotels to view & discuss before settling on Oriental Singapore. Even after signing the contract, I still went there another 2 - 3 times to view the wedding set-up.

Think I'll go for a casual, cheerful flower theme instead of a classy theme. My bf & I don't really fit into a classy atmosphere. Come to think of it, we met at an Expo on nature/saving earth, so we should go for earthy themes, right? Hmm...maybe i should borrow the Expo mascot from my friends for wedding decop....better still, put miniture Merlions there since i was working at the S'pore pavilion then! hahaha!

Since Feb, I've visited 7 bridal shops & tried on more than 10 wedding gowns. And spent hours reading comments in forums. Finally settled on a shop i like & will be going for 2nd negotiation this Sat. It's actually quite fun to go to BS. I experienced the pushy sales persons and the blur, bochap ones. Some gowns are so ugly i wonder why it's been made in the first place.

I had fun trying the gowns. I couldn't zip up many gowns on my own and had some near miss tripping & falling on the gown. Some gowns i tried were so puffy & heavy i wonder how to walk gracefully down the aisle. My bf's not very tall so I can't wear very high heels. One sales guy from the BS told me to ignore my bf & wear nice high heels coz I'm the star of the day! hahaha...must get bf to eat more long beans and play more basketball to see if can extend height at this age! If not, too bad for him! hahahahaha

No comments: