I wonder what kind of teachers are teaching in the local schools these days, esp. after witnessing how a teacher treated her student today at an exchange programme held at my school.
The kids were seated on the floor (cross-legged), 2-by-2. As they were supposed to sit closely to their partners, we had to bend down & tap on their shoulders to tell them to sit closer, move in closer. But guess what this particular local teacher did? She lightly kicked/tapped her students' thighs with her feet!! And she was in high heels!
There was another teacher with a super grumpy face, complaining away at how the programme is being run & pulling her students' shoulders to get attention. I heard she's retired but came back to teach. It's nice to have experienced teachers around, but looking at their attitude & behavior, if I'm the student I'll "switch off" during lessons.
With teachers like that, no wonder S'pore kids' behavior is getting from bad to worse!
No comments:
Post a Comment