Friday, November 02, 2007

The things students do....

Not sure if it's because the term is coming to an end, so the mood in school and during lessons is more relaxed these days. I'm beginning to feel a little sad about leaving. It's really fun to teach even though it's frustrating at times.

The other day my P2 kid had to write sentences like "These are hats." This blur boy wrote it as "Thesearehats." I told him to re-write with spacing between the words. He came back with "T h e s e a r e h a t s." I had to control my laughter when I saw it. He finally got it correct the 3rd round. He must be thinking why I'm torturing him!

My P5 students had to pair up and write a ghost story for Halloween. While they were doing their work, I saw 1 of the girls shaking the table. Puzzled, I went over for a look. Apparently they were trying to write words with a scary & shaky font, so 1 shaked the table while the other wrote. Haha...smart kids!

I was in a "near-fight" with my P5 boy the other day. He was rocking his chair with his legs and his elbows were leaning on the table. Like in a flying position. That's distracting for me & his classmates and dangerous for him too. I warned him twice to stop it but he was back at it soon after warning. Finally I just went straight to him without warning & tried to grab the chair away from him. What followed was a "wrestling fight" between us --> he hooking his legs tightly onto the chair while I tried to pry his legs away from the chair. The whole class stopped work & looked on, duno in fear or shock. I finally pulled the chair away from him and told him he doesn't need a chair if he doesn't know how to sit. A while later I returned him his chair and he sat down properly and quietly for the rest of the lesson. And he no longer sits in that flying manner now.

Today I had a P4 girl telling me "Miss Chan, I love you" in a joking manner. So I replied her, "I love you too, MUACKS". And we just burst out laughing. They are surprised that I gave them a loud disgusting kiss sound. I was just as surprised that I could be so crazy. Haha.....

Sometimes I wonder...... am I a "teacher from hell" or a "crazy teacher"?

No comments: