Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Food!!

With 2 days left before my trip to Japan, my cravings for all the sinful local food increases. As Japanese food is boring & I'm unable to cook yummy local fare due to lack of skills & ingredients, friends have joked that I'm on a "3-months fasting trip" to Japan. And each time when I'm back, I'll probably be like "a hungry ghost". Arrghh.....I already feel so homesick now!

I want to eat all of the below before Friday:

1) Wantan Mee (ketchup version)

2) Fried beehoon with fried chicken wings + cabbage + otah with nasi lemak chili
3) Goreng Pisang + Fried greenbean + Fried sweet potato + Fried chempedak
4) Youtiao + butterfly

Hmm.....actually not many items lah. That's because I've satisfied the following cravings over the past 2 weeks:

1) Char Kway Teow

2) Roti Prata
3) Century Egg porridge
4) BBQ Stingray
5) BBQ Chicken wings
6) Satay
7) Rojak
8) Popiah
9) Yam cake
10) Fried fish noodle soup
11) Soya beancurd + soya bean drink
12) Char Siu Bao
13) Egg tarts
14) Tutu
15) Ma lai gao

After listing the above, I start craving for almost all the 15 items again, especially Char Siu Bao. Must be after hearing my friends talk about how expensive it is in Japan (3 standard sized ones for S$10!!), my mind keeps thinking about it. Ate it at RedStar dimsum restaurant yesterday but not yummy leh. Must go buy from crystal jade tdy/tml! *drool*


No comments: