entertaining ourselves on board ferry
At Batam, the immigration was a nightmare. Only 2 counters were opened and a long queue formed. Half-way through, people moved off in big groups to another counter with the signage "Harris Resort" (HR). We saw a HR staff checking the people's passports and collecting them. We guessed the resort staff was going to do a mass immigration check-in with it. But we didn't feel safe about leaving our passports with them so we continued queueing at the original counter. When it was my turn, the officer told me Harris Resort guests should go over to the other counter, to which I replied I don't want my passport to be kept by the resort staff. After a brief moment of hesitation, he stamped my passport & let me go. Same for my bf. I'm certainly not impressed with this immigration procedure.
When we reached the resort, the welcome by the HR staff was overwhelming. With loud happy music songs in the background, staff gave out cold towels, drinks, cookies, lucky dips, mini-pouch with map of resort and discount coupons. Unfortunately the very warm welcome was let down by the slow registration for check-in. Although official check-in is 2pm, we had to do so early to get the coupons for our spa. The hot weather, tight timing (spa at 11am but we were still queuing at the registration at 10.45am) and slow queue got me boiling mad. Luckily it was done on time for our spa appointment.
We love the spa! The 1-hr Indonesian massage was comfortable & the 30-min herbal bath was wonderful! The set-up was clean and relaxing. I regret not signing up for a 3 hour massage package & going for more baths. Next trip I'll go for massages for 2 days and try all the different baths they have : salt, milk, aroma.
massage & bath together
Done with the spa but still too early to go to our rooms (still not ready), we went to eat the free pizza dar had won in the lucky dip. It's very delicious! After that we relaxed by the pool waiting for our room...
There's really nothing much to do at the resort except spa & swimming. In the afternoon we took at 25min taxi ride to town. We had missed the free shuttle bus even though we had registered our name & reported at the lobby at 2pm. I kicked up a fuss so they paid for our cab fare to town. Nothing much to shop or eat at Nagoya Hill. But I bought a nice pair of shorts for only S$9 & pretty flip-flops for $3. The A&W I was looking forward to turned out to be disappointing. What happened to those juicy cripsy chicken wings I used to eat in Singapore's A&W?
Pathetic, isn't it?
After the trip to town, we went for jacuzzi and sauna. The jacuzzi was a total disappointment. Dirty & room temperature waters. I was out of it in less than 5 mins! The sauna is standard lah. Nothing special. I only liked the complimentary ginger tea served outside the sauna/jacuzzi area.
Dinner was quite a romantic affair which didn't start nicely but ended well. Our seat by the pool with a perfect view of the live band was hijacked by a couple who apparently went to get their table instead of being led to one. The staff tried to get us another seat but I insisted, so they told the couple to move away. Next the lamp for putting candle broke due to the heat. So we had no candle-light dinner. Dinner buffet food was so-so even though variety was good. The live band was good. They even got the guests to join in a dance and some guests to sing. Dar was pulled onstage to sing 上海滩! Too bad can't upload the video here as file is too big.
where's the candlelight dinner?
The next day after a yummy buffet breakfast we relaxed by the pool as dar wanted to sun bathe. With dark rain clouds approaching we returned to our rooms to rest till time for check-out at 1pm. Was back in S'pore by 4.30pm.
On the whole the trip has been an enjoyable one despite some hiccups here & there. We'll definitely be back for more spa, food & shopping!
No comments:
Post a Comment