Joined the 30s club on 11 April, now waiting for the rest of my friends to join me there! The day was celebrated in the usual way. Cakes, candles and presents. The only difference was I celebrated it 4 times - Yamasa clique, family, friends, colleagues. The most enjoyable one was with my Yamasa clique due to the total surprise element (never expected a celebration) and felt so relaxed with them. Needless to say, the most uncomfortable one was the celebration at work coz we've been colleagues for only 3 months and it was a mass celebration.
As for my "takings" this birthday, I received bigger sums of angbaos and less gifts. I would have preferred gifts for the excitement of opening up gifts and having something tangible to remember by. But I guess with my fussy shopper character, it's easier to give me $$ to buy what I want. Dardar disappointed me with an ugly bio-magnetic bracelet the night before but cheered me up on my actual birthday with 2 small gifts - My Papa Smurf & Baby Smurf schnauzer soft toys! But he still owes me flowers!
What made me happiest, touched & surprised most was that Dardar turned up in a shirt identical to my darling Ah Ke's cloth covering. He had specially searched & bought it to match my doll, to make me happy. He looked so cute, just like my Ah Ke! My 2 darlings!!
At 30, many people have moved on to a certain page in their life chapters. For me, it's the beginning of a new chapter all over again. Starting a new job & new relationship at 30, I can't help but wonder what happened to my 10 years before it. I hope when I join the 40s club I will be looking back at the 10 years of achievement before it.
My wish for this year's birthday is simple: I wish all my wishes will come true! heehee (^-^)
No comments:
Post a Comment