In one of my posts, I mentioned about my company which has undesirable policies and practices. The longer I work here, the more I see, and the more disgusted I get. I wish to get out of it as I don't want to be part of the team executing these policies but I can't as I'm bonded. Damned....why did I sign that stupid bond?!
Anyway I guess my unhappiness showed and during our department meeting today, boss asked us to share our feelings, how we feel about working here etc. I didn't hesitate to voice out all my unhappiness and frustrations about the company and I frankly told the team that despite a good boss and great team, I still can't adapt to it and not sure if I ever will. Of course boss then shared her feelings, her frustrations and how she manages those emotions. Then came my colleagues turn, one said she's easily adaptable and always detach her emotions from work. Another said she just do her job and remain happy-go-lucky. In short, both wouldn't let the negative environment affect them. Unfortunately being an emotional person with strong principles, I can't be like them. I don't support salary deduction, backdoor hiring, unfair employment contracts.
All 3 of them kept saying it's the same everywhere, that there's no perfect company. I do agree there's no perfect company. Some are good but colleagues are pests, some have worst policies than here. However having come from a few good companies with great colleagues & bosses, I believe there will be greener pastures out there compared to this place. None of the 4 MNCs I've worked at had such punitive and unfair policies. Poor them, all the places they've worked at were local set-ups so they prob thought this place is normal like any other companies.
Anyway I guess I've made it quite clear to the team that I won't be here for long. While I know it's career suicide to change jobs after a year, I guess I'll still do it. I can't work against my conscience for long coz it's affecting me emotionally. And I'm not good at controlling my emotions. Or rather, I don't want to end up as a person without empathy and compassion, which might be the case if I continue to be here executing the policies.
Wish me luck in my job hunt next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment