A week after I felt extremely unhappy at work & negative about my company, I found a way to stay positive at work. No, I'm still negative about the company's policies and culture, but I've figured out the way to help me survive here for the next 6 - 8 months. All thanks to my job of screening through resumes.
We always screen out job-hoppers and are usually impressed if the person has worked in a company for 2 - 3 yrs and get promoted during their service. I thought to myself, "how does my resume look to potential employers?" The answer's quite obvious. With a sudden career switch and many contract jobs in between, it's actually quite difficult for me to get past the 1st round of screening. Hence I found the motivation to stay on --> a good resume!
Of course just that thought alone doesn't help. With 8 months left, time will pass very quickly. That itself is quite an encouraging thought. Plus my current team believes in work-life balance over career, so we always aim to leave the office on time, if not before 6.15pm. This is unlike my initial few months where I slogged till 7+ every other day.
Nowadays I still complain a lot to friends and talk about about finding a better job next year but somehow my mood is lighter, I'm less frustrated and angry. Maybe I'm resigned to fate. Or maybe I've really learnt to be more positive in thinking. Whatever nonsense there is in the company, I can't deny the fact that it's a good training/learning ground for me even if the practices are unprofessional.
Hope for better days ahead.....
No comments:
Post a Comment