Thursday, May 04, 2006

Nice song

I was searching for a kid's song played during the P1 orientation and stumbled onto this very nice touching song. Here's the site to listen to it


あなたにありがとう
Thank you to you

         
作詞作曲:中山真理

1 あなたがいたから、がんばってこられたんだね。
Because you were around, (I) could work hard
  一人ぼっちなら、とうにくじけてた。
When (I was) miserable alone, (I was) discouraged/disheartened.
  あなたがいたから、元気でいられたんだね。
Because you were around, (I) could cheer up
  いつもはげまして くれてたからだね。
(Because you were) Always giving (me) encouragement
  どんな時も ささえてもらったから、
At any times, (because I received) support (from you)
  つらいこと、いやなこと、いつしか忘れてた。
Tough times, times when I hated it, it’s forgotten (as it comes and goes)
  あなたにありがとう、ありがとう、ありがとう
To you, thank you, thank you, thank you
  いつまでも大事な宝物、そばにいたこと。
Always an important treasure, being beside me


2 あなたがいたから、楽しくすごせたんだね。
Because you were around, it became enjoyable (for me)
  けんかをした日は、笑えなかったよ。
Days when there were fights, (I) could not smile
  あなたがいたから、やさしくなれたんだよね。
Because you were around, (I?) became kind
  いじわるな気持ち 消えていったよね。
Ill-natured/spiteful feelings were gone
  どんな時も ささえてもらったから、
At any times, (because I received) support (from you)
  つらいこと、いやなこと、いつしか忘れてた。
Tough times, times when I hated it, it’s forgotten (as it comes and goes)
  あなたにありがとう、ありがとう、ありがとう
To you, thank you, thank you, thank you
  いつまでも大事な宝物、そばにいたこと。
Always an important treasure, being beside me (be there for me?)
  そばにいたこと。
Being beside me (be there for me?)

I did the direct translations to my best ability. I'm still not expert level in japanese language yet! Those in brackets are what i felt is needed to make some sense of the translated lines. Hope it makes sense to u. Anyway, just enjoy the nice song!

No comments: