Today I finally can understand a little of how my mother feels when we suddenly call home to say we're not having dinner. I spent the whole afternoon preparing a dish, hoping that hubby would enjoy the meal after a day's work & dragonboat race practice. However after he came home he said he had to attend a meeting cum drinking session after practice till 9.30pm or later. At that moment I simply lost interest in cooking whatever I wanted to cook, coz he would be too tired from meeting & training or too full from drinking to enjoy & appreciate my hard work.
He asked me to go with him but I refused. I don't like big social gatherings. I dislike making small talk with groups of strangers. 1-2 persons group is the best size for me to warm up to. But he said I must attend at least 1-2 times a year. This is such a torture. I wondered out aloud that maybe I should just go back to Singapore. He was unhappy and said he had told me before that participation in such gathering is required if I lived on this island.
Damn the villagers! Don't they have anything else better to do than organize gatherings which people attend out of obligation?
He left the house without saying anything. Neither did I. He's not happy. Neither am I.
Not in a cheerful mood now. . . . . .
1 comment:
Oink!! Dun be upset lah! Cheer up k! Well, juz tink it like...erm..."survivors"? Hee...maybe can just attend for once, at least u'll noe who is the "Chun Zhang" mah! Muahaha....
Post a Comment