No more Miss Chan! It's Mrs Niino now (^-^)
We've registered our marriage in Japan at the city hall near his place on 10 Aug. It was an easy but troublesome process. First I had to go to the Singapore embassy in Tokyo to apply for an affidavit of marital status. Then he had to translate it into Japanese and submit it together with a marriage application form. The form required 2 witnesses info so his parents simply had to fill in the form without going with us. We waited for around an hour after submission coz they had to verify my information with the headoffice. With that done, we're officially married and they gave me a marriage certificate the same day.
His parents organized a dinner with his relatives at a resort hotel to celebrate the occasion. Food was great but felt uneasy in such a serious dinner setting. His father made a speech followed by him. Rest of dinner was just some casual chat which i could understand only 50% of it.
His relatives also gave us angbao. Quite surprised to receive angbao at this point. Anyway that will go into wedding fund. His mother gave me a lovely pearl necklace & earring set which I'd probably wear for my photoshoot.
The next day we went shopping for his shirts & shoes and my yukata meant for wedding. Hubby really dotes on me. I tried a white yukata with pinkish prints which is slightly costly. He said I look good in it & told me to get it & immediately paid for it without hesitation. When it came to his own yukata (for wedding too), he hesitated and didn't buy even though it was around the same price as mine.
That's what I consider a good husband! He helps to prepare breakfast, do laundry, wash the dishes. Buys me things I like. He noticed that I was interested in magazines and brought me to the bookstore. Only problem is he's untidy! When I stepped into his apartment, I thought I'm in a garbage place. Cleaning out his refridgerator was a nightmare. Fungus covered vegetables, expired food, and most digusting of all, a bowl of larve meant for duno what insect or animal!
We've a long way ahead of us as husband & wife. Hope we can survive the ups & downs of marriage life & live happily ever after!
No comments:
Post a Comment