Friday, July 31, 2009

NETs dependent

Left my atm card at work 2 weekends ago and realised how dependent i am on the little card. First I do not keep a lot of cash in my wallet, preferring to withdraw cash weekly. Secondly I have 2 atm cards, of which one is kept in my safe as that bank account is supposed to be a saving account. Therefore I have only 1 atm card in use. Lastly I do not keep spare cash at home for use in 'emergencies'. So I was very cash-strapped that weekend without my atm card.

Shopping had to be limited small shops and push-cart stores only accept cash/NETs. School fees payment had to be deferred by a week coz they don't accept credit cards. Food & drinks had to be limited when my bf wasn't with me. Luckily there weren't many activities over that weekend and I survived on that bit of cash in my wallet. Guess I'm too dependent on atm. With the card I tend to overspend on weekends, so I think when I seriously need to save up, I'll just leave my card at work ;p

No comments: