Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Bugs, bugs, Go away!

I don’t mean the real creepy crawlies here, tho I want them to be away from me if they do come near me.Here I mean the Flu bug. Appetite bug. Sleep bug. Restless bug.

The Restless bug bit me weeks ago. I’d be so bored and restless after work… on weekends… any enthusiasm or zest in me dies as soon as it appears. It’s just sianz sianz sianz everyday…. Why is that so? Maybe I’ve too much time but too lazy to do anything. I’d spend my time online, when there’s really nothing that interesting online after a while since I spend almost all my time there. Ah… maybe being online too long cuts me off from the world, inviting the restless bug to attack me…

My bio clock is malfunctioning. I either can’t get to sleep at night, or I’d be sleeping at odd times of the day. For e.g., waking at up 8am for breakfast & back to sleep at 10am. Sleeping at 9pm followed by the pattern mentioned earlier. Very tired & sleepy the whole day, esp. at night, but can’t seem to get to sleep until much later. Even with my little darlings (Ah Ke & Buta-chan) to hug, I still can’t get to sleep. Sometimes I’d fall asleep fast but wake up in the middle of the night. And I actually feel tired after waking up because of the dreams I had. It’s as if my mental self & physical self are having a cold war, not communicating with each other. Do I have so much worries that I can’t sleep? I don’t know. I’m not exactly sure what’s bothering me now. I hope I can sleep well tonight & nights to come coz I’m feeling very dazed now…

With my office being a snack paradise, it’s a wonder why I didn’t put on weight. Initially I was on a diet, resisting the goodies at work. But I’m not on a diet now coz I don’t have much appetite for food these days. No cravings. Just don’t feel like eating anything despite protests from my stomach. Skipped dinner for past weekends / holidays. Too lazy to go out for dinner. Too lazy to cook. Feel hungry but don’t have the appetite to eat. I’m just eating for the sake of eating. But breakfast during workdays is a must, no matter how much I don’t feel like eating. I think I need some really delicious food & great makan kakis to get my appetite back…

Flu Bug, I hate you most! U made my Sunday miserable at home, sleeping in a feverish state, and eating duno how many bad-tasting lozenges in a day. And if that’s not enough, you caused my nose to run since yesterday… I just can’t seem to turn off the “tap”! My brain is quite disconnected from me now. Not working too well. The Feb tablets don’t seem to be winning the battle with the flu bugs. Or maybe it’s because I didn’t help them. I desperately need to rest & sleep…. What am I still doing here at work? And later at STB for training? I’ve not reached the state of collapse tho. I think I should be able to last till the weekend.Guess that’s enough of my attention-seeking nonsense for today. Stoning off…

No comments: