Thursday, February 10, 2005

CNY holidays are over... Phew!!

Happy Lunar New Year to all!I'm so glad the New Year holiday is over. Two days at home with nothing to do is pure misery. I wanted to go to Japan but because of my job (can't apply leave) & the fact that I'd be going to Japan in March, i dropped the idea. As the day to CNY approached, I racked my brains for ways & means to kill time at home. Guess what i did finally??

Day One. After visiting Grandma in the morning, it's time for lunch. Straight after lunch I took a nap. It's amazing how much i can sleep in a day. Or do without sleep sometimes. Woke up at 3+, decided that I'm not gona rot the rest of the day at home & set off for Sentosa on my own. I wanted to take pic of the sunset there. The weather was scorching hot. And the cap i brought along didn't help. I began to regret my decision once i reached there. Firstly it's so hot!! Secondly it's so crowded!! Thirdly, the flower exhibition isn't that fantastic. And i've to find a way to kill time till sun sets for my photo shots. And i had to psycho myself that i'm in Singapore and not in India or Malaysia coz the whole Sentosa island's filled with non-Chinese.

Did take some pics, but nothing can be compared to the shots i took in Hokkaido. Everyday i look at the sunflowers photo i took in Hokkaido, i'd ask myself when i'd ever have the chance to go back again for more shots of it. While waiting for sunset, i stayed at a sheltered area to read my manga. Was very disappointed when i realised it's too cloudy that day to take nice pic of sunset. So i left. Walked quite a distance back to the MRT coz the queue to take the shuttle bus was way too long.Reached home at 10 after dinner. Day one of CNY gone. Uneventful, but at least i did something instead of rotting at home.

Day Two was tougher to pass. No place to go to. I spent my whole day watching TV. First was an interesting documentary on reincarnation in the morning, followed by some boring shows till lunch. After lunch i was glued to my pc, watching GLAY's concert DVD. How i wish i can attend it... if i had gone ahead with my CNY travel plans to Japan, i'd prob be in Takayama now & preparing to return to Nagoya tomorrow for my GLAY concert.... SIGHZ....I saw only the 1st of 3 disc and it took me 2 hrs already. Tiring for eyes but i'm so happy re-living the concert moments!

Oh... just recalled that i uploaded my Sentosa photos into comp early in the morning. Haiz... wasted trip there. No fantastic photos that i'd like to share with anyone... Hmm... what did i do after that? Surf net on New Zealand, Scotland & Aichi Expo. I've given up on surfing info on Japan since it's not really possible for me to travel during my 7 months there. In between i'd either be chatting online or reading manga...Managed to kill time till dinner time. Watched the last episode of the HK drama. Touching ending... but not enough to make me cry. And i've been online since.... got to know a Jap friend online & we chatted a little. Then i started reading friend's blog & think it's time to write mine too... so here i am... typing away....it's finally 10pm... should sleep early... tml working.... wah, never felt so glad to be able to go to work.... coz i can't imagine another day of rotting at home... after tml, i've to think of ways to kill time on wkends...

Life with nothing to do is really miserable.... if Spore's weather is nice like Japan & Spore has nice places of nature, i'd have gone out to explore them. But the weather... it's a killer.... just makes me wana rot at home rather than being roasted alive outside!

No comments: