Sunday, August 28, 2005

Lovesick

Long-distance relationship is really tough!! Miss him so much but don’t get to see or talk to him daily. Looking at his/our photos everyday & going through our email exchanges makes me more lovesick than ever…

For your infor, my Teru has been M-I-A for almost a week!! Before anyone jumps to any conclusion, let me clarify that I know why he’s missing from me. He’s busy with work. He has to teach from 8am – 6pm (official time). Add in 1 hour earlier to travel to work, and extra coaching after class, he’s home late & tired everyday. Though I wish he could just squeeze in a bit of time to email me, I don’t wish to give him additional stress.

I find it strange & worrying that I trust him so much. It’s as if I’ve known him for a long time, or know him well, that I’m confident that he isn’t cheating on me. And I’m worried about my absolute trust in him. I’m scared that if, what if, one day he isn’t as trustworthy as I thought? How am I going to handle it? When things run too smoothly, I just get worried.

That aside, despite the lack of communication & interaction, I’d say we’re still very much in love and this relationship is progressing pretty well. Weekly 1-hr calls are tough on our pockets (actually it’s mine only ~ it’s too expensive to call from Japan so i refused to let him call me). And it’s always so hard to end the call coz we don’t bear to…haiz…

Talking on the phone is interesting for us, coz it’s still chicken & duck talk at this stage. It’d probably be so for a long time coz I just don’t seem to be improving in Japanese. And he’s having a tougher time than me in mastering English for now. So he makes do with my broken Japanese and tries to figure out what I say in Singlish!

We don’t know what the future holds for us, but for now, we’re just happy to have each other. Counting down to September 28 everyday… another 31 more days to go…

No comments: