There is no CNY mood at my workplace at all. Except for some small CNY decor which my colleagues & I hang at our work station, the dept is non-CNY. It just doesn't feel like one is celebrating CNY. On Friday, the eve of eve of CNY, most of us in holiday mood liao. I expected work to slow down in the late afternoon and everyone will be relaxed and discussing about CNY plans. Guess what? Right to the last minute everyone was concentrated at work. I was the only who left at 6pm sharp!! My boss who was on leave came back to clear work till lunchtime. A colleague of mine who was on half-day leave had to entertain calls from office after she left.
It was a bad day for me. I was in a super bad mood because I wasn't feeling well, there were tons of work to do, and people were irritating me with their behavior.
There was this crow who kept bugging me to prepare a letter for her. As if that's not enough, she insisted that I scan a copy of her. I've told her that I need others to help with the scan as my PC isn't linked to it, so that'll take time. I mean, everyone's busy, who has the time to bother with your scan request? So she kept calling & even emailed me a sample letter to follow. When I finally scanned & emailed her, she still called and asked. Bitch, can't you check your email BEFORE calling pp to ask? She's such a pain in the a**. This is not the 1st time she's being such a pest already!!
There was another bitch who got me really mad. She told her boss abt her resignation on Wed, submitted the letter on Thurs, and told me on Friday, 5.15pm!!! Sounds normal? NO!! Her notice period is 1 week, so that makes her last day to be on 1st Feb. I had to process her resignation on this very day & inform payroll so that if anything cocks up, we still have 1st Feb to sort things out. BITCH!! Why did she sit on her stupid resignation letter for the whole thurs & friday, and inform HR just before the end of the day, before the start of a nice long break? She really spolit my day. I see her gong-gong face ah, i think it's better she leaves the company earlier before she causes the company to lose money.
My big boss kept asking me if I'm on leave next week. Sighz....my colleagues are on leave but I've to go to work. There is a pile of work waiting for my attention when I go back next Wed. I feel so blue thinking abt it.
What is Chinese New Year? Isn't it supposed to be a happy event? Why am I here complaining away abt my stupid job on the 1st day of CNY? haiz..
No comments:
Post a Comment