Saturday, January 07, 2006

MIA for more than a month!

That's me ~ MIA from my blog for ages... so much update to catch up here... dun know where to start from!!

Why haven't I been writing?
LAZY! LAZY! LAZY! guess no other words best describe why.... hehehehe...

Weekdays after work I'm addicted to msn chatting & surfing the net for duno wat... weekends & public holidays I spend my time watching tv & sleeping... nothing very productive.... And i take donkey years to reply my friends' emails even when I'm online most of the time! BUT when it comes to my dear, replies are almost immediate & I can spend the whole day making Xmas / New Year cards.... (^-^;)

Ok, here are the updates....

Work
After my colleague left in mid-Dec, my workload increased by 2 folds. From an Admin role I was thrown into a Generalist role. From days of no emails to emails flying in/out every other minute, days of filing (because i had ntg better to do) to piles of filing waiting for my attention, my job changed from a brainless to a challenging one.

Just in case you are happy for my "promotion", I must clarify that I'm just an "interim support" as termed by my Head of Dept. They've not found a replacement and everyone else is overloaded with work, so I'm helping to cover the ex-colleague's duties, minus all advisory duties. In short, I'm supposed to do more coordination, recruitment & admin work but not make any decisions. I'm quite happy with it coz it's more interesting than days of filing.

However just days into the new role I realised how much s*** I had to clear for the ex-colleague. She left behind quite a mess to be cleared and I'm the "lucky" one who'll clear her s*** and pave the way for the replacement. Yes, I'm not exactly pleased with this. I want recognition for my work and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be recognized for my efforts in putting things right because they only see the end-product. My bosses would simply thank me for helping out during this period.

I want to come up with some processes to ensure that things are done properly because now things are all over the place. The processes will aid in my work & improve efficiency. Unfortunately once the replacement comes in, I'll say goodbye to all these work. It's not a good feeling to create paradise for someone else who'll take away your job, earn more than you, enjoy all the perks/benefits. It's a different story if I'm serving my notice & making life easier for my replacement coz I don't want her to be cursing me behind my back!

So I'm torn between doing my job & doing my job well. And it doesn't help that my bosses still treats me like their "maria" ~ fetching documents from the filing room which is just steps away, bringing their guests up, collecting their registered mails....

What joy & satisfaction can I derive from this job?


Family
Nothing much. Life's back to normal after my brother's wedding. Though they stay here, there is no change to our lives coz they're hardly at home, and even if they are, they're always in their own room. In my opinion, not very healthy. It's as if this house is their hotel....


Friends
When my friend was still in S'pore I didn't make any effort to meet up with her coz I was too caught up in my own problems. Now that she has left for a new chapter in her life in Japan, I think it'll be much more difficult to keep in touch. Guilty guilty.... I didn't even send my congrats to her....


Some special friends
Have you ever had the experience of not wanting the person whom you liked in the past know that you are in a relationship now? And even if you did tell the person, you don't want him to know the details? It's as if you still want to keep him, thinking that if one day your relationship fails, you still have someone to hold on to....

I was in such a situation for a while until one fine day, I decided to tell the guy almost everything about my current relationship ~ how much I love my dear, the problems we face & how we are progressing etc.. When I finally told him all that, I felt relieved. I can finally treat him as a normal friend (^-^)v


Relationship
No more complains now. I duno when it started but he seems more pro-active in this relationship now. He still goes missing sometimes but will still reply my last email even if it's 2 - 3 days late. And he'll now suggest when to call instead of me having to ask when. To some pp, it may seem like a trivial matter. But to me, it means a lot.

Our relationship has stabilized a lot. We talk longer on the phone now and half the time we're talking nonsense & enjoying it. We're more positive about our future plans. Though we're not sure what he'll do in future (in terms of studies/career), we had briefly discussed our future plans. I guess this helps us have a better direction of where we'll lead to and something to work towards to....


Studies
I'm half-way through my studies & not any better in the knowledge of teaching English. Understand grammer better but duno how to present it. Did phonetics today ~ totally confused & very stressed. I wonder how most of my classmates in Japan managed to bluff their way through teaching English in English Lang Schs w/o any training. Being a native speaker doesn't mean being able to teach!


That's all for updates now...

No comments: