I don't understand why some people just can't seem to accept the fact that I'm happily in a relationship now.
Yes, i admit it's a little shaky because my bf always goes missing and I'm the type who demands 100% attention. But we've worked this out naturally. Or rather I've learnt to manage my expectations. We're still together ~ happy & in love. However we've no concrete plans for the future yet.
Anyway, back to the topic on why some people just love to kaypoh. My ex-boss kept asking me to consider S'pore guys instead. So did 1 of my ex-colleague who's now enthusiastically planning a dinner outing to intro her male friends to me. She had been psycho-ing me for weeks to get a S'porean bf instead because she felt that I'm suffering in this long-distance r/s. And yesterday my other colleague also asked me to reconsider. She knows I'm very serious about my current relationship, but told me to reconsider. She reminded me that I'd be in a different country, different culture etc...
How many times must I tell these kind souls that I know what I'm doing?
I know he's financially unstable now. No career too. Can't speak English. Can't survive in Singapore. I've to go over. No tai-tai life over in Japan for me. Limited jobs for me. Struggle with the language & culture. I was aware of these before I put my 100% into this relationship. I am aware of the challenges in keeping this long-distance r/s going.
I'm not giving up. Not now. We believe there is a future for us and we're working towards it. I want to hold on to this hope & future.....
No comments:
Post a Comment