Monday, November 10, 2008

Creepy park?

Last night I managed to get myself a hot date. Or maybe I should say a hot, itchy & humid date at Telok Blangah Hill Park. I was curious about the Southern Ridges which opened in May'08, linking up Mt Faber, Kent Ridge Park & TBH Park and bugged my friend to bring me there. He wasn't too keen but brought me there anyway.

There were few people at night (not late, about 8 or 9pm+?). We saw a big group of 7 or 8 people walking along the road to what we assumed to be the starting point of "Forest Walk", an elevated steel walkway that leads to the Alexandra Arch. He kept telling me to keep up with the group in front. Half-way through, a van came by and picked them up. We ended up being the only 2 on the road and my friend suggested we return to our car immediately. We were brisk walking our way back coz my friend kept telling me "this place not clean, walk faster. dun wana be alone here." Totally freaked me out lor!

He drove us to the start of Forest Walk where my legs turned to jelly on the elevated steel walkway. I've fear of heights and looking down at the forest beneath my legs made it worse. I managed only less than 2 metres on the walkway and decided to leave. Ya, basically I just stayed rooted to a spot on the walkway coz I was so scared! Heehee.

Out of the park while driving to Orchard, my friend told me about his friend's creepy encounter at Telok Blangah Hill park. Apparently late one night, his 2 friends were seated somewhere in the park chatting when they both felt something. They looked at each other & without a word, both started running towards the car & sped off. They didn't see anything but was sure something was there coz what they felt then really freaked them out.

I believe in a person's 6th sense. Sometimes you don't have to see things to know something isn't right. You feel it. That's why I always believe in changing hotel rooms or leaving a place if you don't feel comfortable the moment you step into it. I'm glad I didn't experience anything strange at the park. I only encountered many hungry mosquitos!

No comments: