Monday, November 17, 2008

Pissed off at Suntec

I drove to Suntec today to meet an ex-colleague for lunch. It was raining heavily & I couldn't see a small sign just before the entrance, stating carpark A is closed until I drove into the route leading to it, like many other drivers in front of me. As suggested by the sign, I went to carpark C.

Upon entering the carpark, I realised to my frustration that the carpark was full! Parking lot availability signboards indicated "full" for almost every corner I turned to. Many cars stopped along the lane waiting for available lots while most just drove around searching.

Driving around I spotted one of the signboards indicating 760 lots available. Thinking that they have probably opened up carpark A again, I happily drove towards that area only to be caught in a jam where cars were trying to move away from there. Then I realised that the 760 lots were in the "closed carpark" area. That really pissed me off!

1) Why didn't they put up bigger signs & much earlier before the carpark entrances to warn drivers of the carpark closure?

2) Why did they allow cars to enter when parking's full? They have an electronic carpark tracking system lor. Don't they know how to make good use of it?

3) Why did they still show 760 lots available when they know those lots are closed to the public? Can't they cover up that portion of the signboard that points to the closed carpark?

Running late for my lunch appointment & very frustrated, I exited the carpark and went to park at Marina Square instead. I didn't have to pay Suntec's parking as I was probably within the grace period. But I'm angry that I've lost precious time & petrol in this stupid carpark.

Stupid Suntec carpark management! If you don't know how to manage, then dun charge so much for parking since the $$$ earned doesn't go into improving your stupid brain cells.

No comments: