Monday, January 19, 2009

Job hunting again

Shocking news! I've tendered my resignation 1 week after I started work at school!

From my previous posts, it's obvious that I'm very unhappy at work. Over the weekend I thought through carefully. "Do I want to be doing this for the next 10-20 years? Do I want to be shouting at students & getting angry every other hour & day for the next few years?" I used to scold students in the primary school too but it wasn't as bad as this. Initially I thought maybe I'm a new teacher and the students wanted to test my limit. But after observing how senior teachers manage (they too shout & get angry at the students often) & condemn the students, I'm sure I don't want to do that for the rest of my working life. Adults in the commercial world are just as irritating or more difficult to handle but at least they don't come and anger me everyday unlike the situation in school.

I started job-hunting the day I tendered. Progress isn't good but I managed to get an interview today. Not sure if I'll get an offer coz my asking is rather high though my experience isn't quite there yet. My teaching job paid me so well that I've to suffer a big pay cut to return to the private sector.

Compared to my job-hunting last year, I feel more enthusiastic and ready this year. I guess 2 weeks of waking up early & teaching has warmed up my engine. I'm now more eager to learn & do lots of work and ready to face new challenges in the workplace. I don't want to be jobless and 'wandering around' aimlessly again.

Hope I impress potential employers enough to receive good job offers despite the gloomy economy!

1 comment:

Princess Natsumi said...

Good start!! Jia you!!