Thursday, October 02, 2008

F1 Fever

I know almost nothing about F1 and certainly did not share the enthusiasm many Singaporeans had for the event. However I could not ignore the impressive set-up & the roaring engines of the cars. So on Sunday, I watched the finals with my family at home.

The thought of watching cars drive past for 1 hour plus wasn't very exciting, but soon I was glued to the tv. The 1st crash silenced everyone at home, wondering if the driver's alive. Then everyone was laughing away at the comical pit-lane drama. Rest of the race were quite forgettable until the ending where my sis & I were exclaiming "Har?! Like dat also can be grid girl?". Their bulging tummies and looks made us wonder where did all the beauties go to?

The next day, my sis sent me an intro video of one of the grid girls. Quite pretty with a figure to die for. But she didn't win and i guess the reason is quite obvious after you view the video. The top 2 winners of the contest are quite ok though lacking in the looks department. Watch them here -- Winner, 2nd place, 3rd place.

I am impressed by these girls' guts to participate in such a contest, going thru silly tasks (like digging sand at Sentosa) & be a target of criticism by gossipy Singaporeans, like my sis & I! And I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones bitching about them!

News about the F1 finals went on for a few days. I usually skip the sports section of the newspapers but this time round I read on. This particular article caught my interest - "Ferrari boss blasts S'pore's 'circus' track" (1st Oct). Talk about being a sore loser. No one does it better than him! hahaha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"....my hobbies are suckling (aka cycling), water-skilling (aka water skiing....it is my honest (erm...u mean honour?) to be part of the singtel greek ger. And do you realised that her Singapore is pronouced as Sin-ka-pore? OMG!! This is super hilarious and her intro video is always in my mind! Tsk Tsk Tsk....Nonetheless, she is brave enough to 'speak up'...wahaha