As I've so much idle time on my hands now, I can only spend it in these ways - read, surf net, write blog, watch tv, window shop, watch movies. Usually I only have time for these on weekends, but now it's like a full-time occupation for me. Haha.
I've just finished an interesting & humorous book titled "A Dog's Life" by Peter Mayle. As the title suggests, it's a "memoir" of a dog from the dog's point. Light-hearted reading which I strongly recommend. Other books I've read recently include "A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers" by Xiaolu Guo. It's about a young girl from China studying English in London and falling in love with a much older Englishman. A novel about international relationships, touching on topics like language, culture & environment. Not too bad but it took a while for me to get used to the broken English used in it.
I have no idea how I can spend hours on the internet. I go to The Straits Times online to read those bo-liao forums, read blogs, kaypoh at Friendster & Facebook, play some games at Discovery Channel Interactives, look for jobs online, chat online with friends, write my blog when I'm not feeling lazy. I can't live without my dear laptop & internet connection!
I spend most of my time watching TV, be it dramas online or cable tv or boring Mediacorp. I was done with the China & HK TVB mega production "The Drive of Life (岁月风云)" few weeks ago. What a drag at 60 episodes! Many unnecessary characters & sub-plots. I was fast-forwarding through almost every other episodes. Finally at 40+ episodes, I gave up. Browsed through the episode synopsis & watched just the last episode. I just want to know what happens to the bad guy. Heehee.
Done with the drama, I switched to watching cable TV which I feel is a wiser choice. NatGeo (Ch 11) is my favorite with documentaries like Air Crash Investigation, Is is Real?, Lockdown, Taboo. Sometimes I watch Discovery Channel 12 (documentaries) or Hallmark Channel 17 coz it has re-runs of my favorite drama "E.R.". How I miss Dr Carter!!
Hardly any Mediacorp drama interests me coz either the storyline sucks or I don't like the actors/actresses, which is often the case. Dinner time tv is the worst with joint productions (Spore+Msia) being shown. We watch news on ChannelNewsAsia during dinner these days. Variety shows / reality shows from 8pm are more interesting. Monday = cooking competition (Ch8), Tuesday = Super Mummy contest (Ch8), Wednesday = America's Got Talent (Ch5), Thursday = Don't forget the lyrics (Ch5). These shows entertain me till 9pm and I'll be in front of my laptop again or back to cable tv. Sadly some of these recently ended its run or ending soon :(
I love shopping but being jobless & cash-strapped means I can only see no buy. I use window-shopping as an exercise for both legs, eyes & will-power. I've not bought any clothes/bags/shoes/books for the past 2 mths. Sounds miserable? Hmm....I shall treat myself to lots of shopping in Taiwan! I've saved up for this long-awaited trip for a long time. Yes, most of my $$ has gone into the "travel piggy bank". Heehee.
Not many movies catch my interest lately, except "Connected 保持通话" & "The House Bunny". I like Louis Koo 古天乐, so that explains why I went to watch Connected. As for the latter, I don't know why. Maybe I just wanted to watch a bimbo do bimbo things. Haha. "Connected" is quite nice but I can't compare it to the Hollywood version since I didn't watch that. Anyone wana watch Bunny with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment