After much consideration, I've decided to tender my resignation after all. Nobody is supportive of my decision. Many encouraged me to stay on for a while more...saying I might grow to like the job. Some told to stay till I find another job. To many, the thought of quitting a perm job just after one week is unacceptable & shocking. I know how they feel... if i were in their shoes, i'd feel the same...
I've my reasons. Since i know this is not the industry i wish to be in, that i really want to build up my career in HR (generalist role), I do not wish to waste anybody's time & resources by staying on here. Can u imagine dragging yourself to work everyday, feeling indifferent / just sianz towards what you do at work? This is what i feel at work now. No doubt i've great colleagues, the environment is nice, there're things to learn there... but all these are not enough to keep my fire burning. Without a passion for what I am doing, I wouldn't be able to perform well...
I feel it's better for me to leave early before things progress any further... I do not wish to waste my colleagues' time in teaching me, nor waste the Company's resources on me. It was my mistake to take up the job offer & i do not wish to let this mistake go on. I was too blinded by the opportunity to use Japanese at work, to work with Japanese colleagues, to experience the Japanese office culture & try a different job scope. And i was too eager to get a job then... I was too rash in my decision... causing all the trouble now...
After I made up my mind this morning, i felt happier... as if a burden's off. Submitted application to jobs online, went shopping... but after i printed out my resignation letter, i feel very troubled again. I really do not know how to face everyone in the office tomorrow, how to spend the 9 hours at work...
No comments:
Post a Comment