Sunday, January 16, 2005

Getting desperate?

Think I’m so bored at home & worried about new job that my brain’s a little screw-loose now…Few days ago I suddenly had this crazy urge to go to the flower shop to buy sunflower seeds & plant my own sunflowers. My friend has mentioned that it’s quite easy to plant them in Spore…he has planted a few before… So I told my sis & Dad my plan…they were quite supportive…started helping me to find a nice spot to plant them… and I went online to read up on tips on planting sunflowers… Ok, those are just PLANS…I’ve yet to buy the seeds…let’s see when I’d really go ahead with my plans… Hmm… it’s quite a good hobby huh?

I’ve been trying to translate some Singlish terms to Japanese. That’s the first time that I bother to think thru thoroughly the meaning & usage of Singlish terms. I still can’t figure out some Singlish terms’ meaning though & yet we use it so naturally… I asked my sis, checked internet, browsed thru books… still can’t translate some… think my Japanese friend wouldn’t bother learning it anyway… but since I promised to do a translation… I’ve to do it…luckily no deadline for it!

Years ago, I told myself that I wana get married by age 25. I’m approaching 26 but still single. Ya, I’m happy with singlehood ~ going where I like, doing what I like w/o having to consider another person’s feelings…but I do feel lonely sometimes…talking to Ah ke & Buta-chan (my piggy soft-toy) just makes me more lonely…I wish to have someone to be there for me… someone whom I can confide my thoughts to, someone who can guide me, someone who's supportive of my plans no matter how crazy it seems… but where to find?!! I know I’m sounding desperate already... ok.. let’s see… if still can’t The ONE by 30, I’d just stop thinking of finding Mr Right & prepare for life of a spinster!

My friend told me to leave it to fate… Ya…I believe in leaving it to fate. But sometimes if leave everything to fate, things will never happen! At least that’s what I believe… fate creates chances to meet, the rest is up to us… Recently I registered for this online dating site in hope of meeting the one… it’s actually quite fun… My sis & her friend & my bro’s friend all registered as well… but I’ve yet to come across someone whom I’d like to keep in contact for long… and those who contacted me… all cannot make it type… Btw, I made a new Japanese friend recently… saw his ad on Yahoo!Personals & wrote to him 2 weeks ago. We communicate via msn… he’s very interesting… traveled to many countries…i wonder how long a long-distance friendship can last…

I am struggling to keep in contact with my Japanese friends in Japan…wrote to them almost a month ago, but they’ve yet to respond…give it a few more months and we’d probably forgotten that these friends existed… I can’t even maintain contact with some S’porean friends… much less to mention those in Japan…But my unique friendship with my dear Prince Edwin is different. We’ve known each other for almost 15 years! Our short 3-month relationship when we were 16 didn’t kill our friendship & we went on to become best friends. We’ve been writing to each other for almost 10 years? We are writing less often now coz he’s bz… but we are still keeping this friendship going…He was so sweet…called me on New Year day from America. It’s so nice to hear from friends after so long… Valentine's Day coming... someone told me before that it's considered Friendship Day as well... is it thought up by those who are single? i wonder.... Anyway... 3 cheers to friendship!!

No comments: