Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Job Dilemmas

I tendered my resignation today. Today's my last day at work. Just when i thot i can take a break b4 getting troubled over job woes, i landed into another job dilemma almost immediately. Went home at 2pm, received an email from Pico Art regarding the Aichi Expo assignment. 2 hrs later i'm off for an interview at Pico Art! Aichi Expo assignment...

I had missed the interview by Japan's side in Sept last yr. I missed the recruitment talk S'pore's side did in Nov & Dec. Now I finally get the chance to be interviewed for it! I'm very excited about the job, even tho it's just a 7-months assignment. I'd be based in Aichi, working as "guide" at the Spore pavilion at the event. They are targeting 17,000 visitors per day. 17,000!!! The exposure i get there... it's much more valuable than 7 months of HR experience in Spore. However the pay is peanuts... and killer working hours... And I'd have to give up my application for the teaching job in Japan coz the dates clash.

Sigh... i really want to be a teacher for a while... fulfill my "childhood" dreams... & also live in Hokkaido... but this Aichi Expo is a one-in-a-lifetime chance... Should i take it up? Should i not? My parents are neutral, tho Dad felt the pay's pathetic. My bro has no comments. My sis knows my heart is on Aichi Expo. So do my friends. I mean, if i wasn't keen, why would i have applied 3 times for it?! I know already what's my decision on this... just need some support for it...

No comments: