I’m a one-eye blind bat for now…typing with blurred vision. Did the eye laser surgery for my left eye this morning. It’s a success I think…the doctors seemed pleased. The whole process took about 10-15 mins, including prep time. But I had to be there an hour earlier to do an eye check & sign documents for consent to do the surgery. After i signed the documents, the nurse said there's some typo error & made me re-sign on a photocopied copy instead.Waited for 1 hr for my turn. There were 3 other patients waiting too. They were all accompanied by someone…I was the lone ranger ~ bored & no one to talk to.
Browsed thru some magazines,..just as i was engrossed with a particular article on "Why gals scare off the potential guy who gets along with them" (something along that line lah..), it's my turn for the surgery. .. i will try to finish up that article tomorrow...it's interesting! Can give me some insight on why i scared that Korean guy away....hahahaha
Ok, back to the surgery...For the prep, the nurse 1st confirmed my IC no, then made me wear a green overall over my clothes. And blue plastic covers for my shoes. Then she proceeded to clean my eye area before leading me into the laser surgery room.I was't too scared…until I stepped into the laser suite for the surgery. The doctor first confirmed my IC before proceeding. I was conscious throughout. It’s actually a little scary when the surgery was in progress. The doctor kept telling me to look at the red light in front, to concentrate, and not to move. And he started putting some stuff around my eye to clamp it open. It was a little painful at that moment, but was ok after that. Then it started ~ I heard the laser at work, could even smell it. It seemed to take forever though it lasted less than 5 min I think… Took a short 15 min rest, and I’m fine to go home after the doctor did a quick review.
Minimal pain & discomfort then…until I reached home. That’s when the pain kicked in. My eye felt very sore, there were some tearing as well. I tried to sleep, but had a headache, making it difficult for me to fall asleep. And the soreness of my eye became worse…at some point even felt painful. I felt really miserable then, wondering how I’m gona survive another round of surgery tomorrow for my right eye. After a round of eye medication the discomfort lessened & I could sleep for a while before the 2nd round of medication.
It’s been about 6 hrs after my surgery. Vision is not back yet, but at least the discomfort is gone. I could even watch TV, and now typing away at my PC though it’s quite blur…
No comments:
Post a Comment