Been working at BP Spore as temp for past 3 days. Location is a little far, so have to wake up at 630 to go to work. I like the environment there. Very good staff welfare. Free fruits everyday, lots of instant cup/bowl noodles, chocolate, ice-cream, milk, soft drinks etc... all for free!! Job is a little "brainless", but this being a temp job, i won't complain much lah... I'm quite lucky to have a very nice chatty lady teaching me. We often spend our free time toking cock, surf net etc... nobody bothers... There was a "site inspection" to see Hilton hotel's rooms. My whole dept went down & we had a free seafood buffet lunch! Think i'm very lucky when it comes to free meals... had free meals when i was working at Tempstaff too!
I had a call from the Jerk recently. I was surprised to hear from him... didn't expect him to call. I didn't tell him off not to call me again, but sort of entertained his call a little. However i was very cold to him ~ just answer his qns & dun offer any more info. Just very quiet & sianz when toking to him. He tried to ask me out one of these days for dinner, but i told him i'd prob be bz with training for the Expo job (actually bluff wan lah!!). I'd just continue coming up with excuses to avoid meeting him, be cold to him over phone... hope he gets the message and leave me alone. It's time that i show him that i'm serious about having a clean break. He didn't treat me as a friend, why should i bother with him?
Before i took up the Aichi job, i was a little troubled... coz i still wanted to teach. So i "talked to" Xiaolin via email, asked Pris & Jaycee as well. My 2 jie-meis of course beri supportive & told me to go for it. Xiaolin on the other hand, displayed his usual style of encouraging indirectly. I wonder if this is the typical Japanese way of doing things. Subtle opinions, subtle encouragement. And i shocked all 3 of them by announcing that i've quit my perm job at Tempstaff just after 4 days of work. Think that's the most drastic decision i've ever made... I think i'm crazy to have done that, but i'm happy with my decision :)
And bec i'm going to Japan in March, it doesn't make sense for me to go to Japan in Feb. So there goes my GLAY concert *sob sob*. I've put up their posters at home, and is now waiting for the concert DVDs to arrive. Think it's better for me to concentrate my "love" on GLAY while waiting for Mr Right to come along if he does exists.
I wrote to Eve to update her on my plans. Poor gal must have been shocked by the sudden change of plans over my side. And I'm also surprised by the change in her... She replied with her job dilemmas & plans, some of which is unexpected of her in terms of job options. But i guess the desire to stay on in Japan with her bf made her look past her own interests. Well, i gave her my own opinions, sort of tried to "wake her up", but the final decision is still hers. Now that i re-read the letter i wrote her, i wonder if i've been too harsh to her... sighz...
Think i'm quite hopeless when it comes to studies. Skipped my Jap class on Sat to go shopping with Jaycee at Harbourfront & Chinatown. Just so sianz with lessons now. Harbourfront is boring, nothing much to shop. Met up with Peipei (Jaycee & Pris' frd, now my frd too!), then we went to Chinatown. Wah, over there was really "people mountain people sea" ~ CROWDED! I didn't buy much coz i think there's still some snacks at home. The 2 gals was bz shopping for new year goodies & deco. And guess wat? We met our nus frd (Leroy) over there! so qiao :) Feel happy for him when he told us he's teaching PE now. That's what he really wants to do. Apparently his job application to become a teacher was rejected a few times...
Today my sis went to the temple with her frd. Initially i told her to help me "qiu qian" to ask about my "yingyuan", but decided against it coz scared if it's a bad lot I'd be upset. And if it's a good lot, i'd end up antipicating & be even sadder if it turns out otherwise. But she went ahead with it anyway. And guess what? 3 times she drew the lots, all 3 times the lot wasn't meant for me. So she gave up. Nagged that i should do it myself. But u see, i find it hard to pray now coz my faith's no longer there... but yet i believe in all these superstitutions & lots... i guess it's a way of keeping my hope there... for miracles to happen...
No comments:
Post a Comment