Monday, May 09, 2005
It's the work schedule issue again - Part 1
Remember my complaint about the work schedule?
Someone from Team B came to ask me about the schedule yesterday, whether my team’s ok with it, and she wanted to discuss it further. However I was in a rush so didn’t get to discuss it with her. Soon after Team B’s leader approached me to discuss about the schedule as well. Seems like they either realized the schedule’s unfair towards us or they know we are pissed off with them over this, coz I don’t remember them being so enthusiastic about discussing the schedule when they first suggested it to the manager without informing us. Anyway, that’s the past. Let’s hope this schedule issue can be settled soon.
I realized I’ve misunderstood Team B’s leader when we trashed things out yesterday. Apparently he didn’t have much say over this matter. Hmm…seems like he has problems with his team members who don’t seem to be respecting his authority. It’s tough on both parties (leader & members) coz we are peers on the same hierarchy, what right do we have to enforce our authority on them even though we are appointed team leaders? Guess I’m lucky that my team members still give me a bit of “face”. But i'm still not too pleased that after the 2nd schedule was out, he didn't discuss it in detail with my team before approaching the manager to change it. On one hand i give him the benefit of doubt on not knowing what his members has suggested to the manager regarding the schedule. On the other hand, knowing that he did approach the manager about it, i can't help but feel that he does know what's going on & is in a way involved in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment